Not all Disney stories end happily ever after: Arab actor passes away
Egyptian actor Mo’men al-Bardisi contributed much to Disney before passing. (Facebook)
Disney fans are mourning the first Arab actor to provide a voice-over for many of the entertainment giant’s characters.
On Tuesday the Disney.arabic Facebook page mourned the death of Egyptian actor Mo’men al-Bardisi, who passed away on Monday. The Facebook page said that Bardisi was the first Arab to contribute his voice to the famous Disney character Scrooge McDuck.
According to the page, Bardisi also played other Disney characters, including Rafiki the baboon in The Lion King, Friend Owl in Bambi and Jock in Lady and the Tramp.
- Disney’s High School Musical to make Middle East debut with all-Dubai cast
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Eman Al Assi Shows Off New Love
- Abu Dhabi Film Fest will open with a homegrown film, Ali Mostafa's "From A to B"
- The end of an era: Lebanon says goodbye to Sabah