Obeid asks for two million from the small screen
Renowned Egyptian movie star Nabila Obeid has put a condition for her comeback to the small screen, asking for not less than two-million three thousand Egyptian pounds for any TV series she is going to shoot.
The daily al Rai al Aam newspaper has reported that Sound of Cairo Company has accepted Obeid’s condition and gave her “Al Amma Noor” (Aunt Noor) series script to read, and to start shooting earlier next year, if Obeid gives a nod to the work.
Earlier in June, Obeid has announced her comeback to the small screen after a 25 years absence saying that, “the return will be through the series “Al Ahdhan al Barida” (The Cold Laps)”. The series, written by Mahmoud Abu Zaid and directed by Adel al Aa’sar, was said to be aired during the forthcoming fasting month of Ramadan, but no recent news was reported on this series.
On another level, the European Institute on Mediterranean and European Arab cooperation
(MEDEA) has granted the Egyptian actress its yearly award in recognition of her ongoing work to enrich the Egyptian cinema.
The center held the honoring ceremony yesterday with the presence of many well-known figures in Lebanon and the Arab World. – Albawaba.com
- Nabila Obeid demands to be paid the same wages as Yusra and Samira Ahmad
- Nabila Obeid promises hot scenes through tales of lovers
- Aunt Noor takes Nabila Obeid out of mourning
- After 25 year sabbatical: Nabila Ebeid returns to TV with ‘Cold Laps’
- Nabila Obeid and Nadia Al Jundi together for the first time as serial killers