October War Heroes Fight Corruption
The heroes of the 1973 October War take on a new foe, corruption, in the series Al Khuyool (Horses) by director Yousef Al Afifi, according to the London-based daily Al Sharq Al Awsat.
Costarring in the series, which is currently being shot at the Media Production City, are Ahmed Bedeir, Shireen, Zizi Al Badrawi and Najwa Fuad. The series is written by Medhat Yousef and nominated to be aired next Ramadan.
The series depicts the life of a group of heroes who participated in the 1973 war between Egypt and Israel, and the social and economic changes that took place in Egypt after the war.
The war heroes change their lifestyle in their positions after the war, making their way in life as businessmen, but maintain their principles despite the ongoing social and economic changes in the country.
They try to teach people close to them about values and principles, which they say should not change according to time and circumstances - Albawaba.com
- Does capitalism provide a solution to terrorism?
- Accepting Reality: America Lost the War in Iraq
- From birth to death, personal to societal dramas, DIFF Arabian Nights selection captures the sweep of life
- Iraq strife could trigger higher oil prices - IMF’s Lagarde
- Egypt beats Israel in London’s ‘falafel war’