Omar Sharif Stars in Egyptian Movie
Egyptian actor/international celebrity Omar Sharif has tentatively agreed to star in a new movie, Musaferoun Musaferoun (Travelers, Travelers), reported Al Sharq El Awsat newspaper.
According to the London based daily, the movie addresses the issue of immigrants and those who prefer to leave their countries. However, it specifically targets the Egyptian blue-collar workers and encourages them to stay home and work in their homeland.
In an interview with Al Sharq El Awsat, director of the film, Ali Rajab said “the movie carried the name (Travelers, Travelers) and it received the approval of the Censorship department without any problems. We are now waiting to start shooting in the coming December.”
“The script was written by Raouf Tawfiq, and stars Mahmoud Mursi, Sharif Munir, Ahmad Bdeir, Saeed saleh… But I still haven’t found the actress who will take the lead,” added Rajab.
Meanwhile, the director added that the movie will be shot at famous sites both in Cairo and in different countries of the world, The film is expected to create a storm of criticism and be attacked when it is released.
Sharif’s last Egyptian movie was Al Aragoz (The Puppeteer), in which he shared a starring role with Mirvat Amin and Hisham Sleem. – Albawaba.com.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- A deceased director, a fugitive and a blood-drop help win over Mervat Amin
- Movie legend Omar Sharif leaves cinema with one unreleased film after his death
- Omar El Sharif waiting for Yusra’s approval
- The bitter truth about Omar Sharif's lonely sad life before and after his Alzheimer's diagnosis
- Meet the women who were lucky enough to be in Omar Sharif's life!