UAE won't be hearing the 'Best Song Ever': One Direction not stopping by
It's the news that will break teenage hearts - boy band One Direction will not be playing in the UAE this year.
The social media rumour mill was in overdrive with claims that Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne and Louis Tomlinson would be jetting into the country to perform after the Australian leg of their ‘Take Me Home’ tour.
The heartthrobs are scheduled to play in Melbourne on Wednesday, October 30 - leaving space for a potential UAE gig that weekend as the band travel home to the UK.
However, according to Thomas Ovesen, COO of Dubai-based Done Events, there is “no chance of a One Direction Middle East gig this year”.
One Direction’s heavy 2013 touring schedule is believed to have put paid to that. With the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix after-race concerts from Thursday, October 31, to Sunday, November 3, already announced – and 1D not on the bill – another music source said it would be “impossible” for the capital to also host the band that weekend.
Will you be one of those crying over this boy band choosing to go a different direction? Please share by commenting below!
- Dubai fans did everything they could to get coveted One Direction tickets
- Take That, Dubai! Boy band plans concert in October
- Right up Dubai's street: Internet sensation Boyce Avenue ready to rock the UAE
- So much more than 442! Mohammad Assaf's song "Where Will I Go" gets 3 million hits
- EXCLUSIVE: Zayn Malik announces first solo concert and it's in DUBAI