Operetta ‘We Are the Peace’: Arab People Message to the World
The Arab satellite channels will soon begin airing the immense epic operetta Ehna al Salam (We Are the Peace) written by the poet Nihad Darwish, composed and remade by Hadi al Salaq.
Sixty Arab artists participate in the operetta including Fayez al Said, Said al Salem, Fatma and Rana Farouq from the UAE, Subhi Tawfiq and Ridha from Lebanon, Khaldoun Sudan and Rami Murtadha from Syria and Hasna from Morocco in addition to the talented child Bayan Eid from Syria.
Shooting of the operetta which has been wrapped up took the work team headed by the director Safwan Nemo four months moving between Dubai, Syria and Lebanon.
“Since the September 11 attacks Arabs and Muslims were labeled as terrorists. We tried to forward to the world a message pointing out that this accusation does not at all pertain to us and that we are far away from it. This message comes out of Arab mouths and is sent in four languages including Arabic, English, French and Turkish. So we have chosen stars who are renowned in their countries to bring this message out hoping it will reach the whole world as we want,” the director told the UAE daily al Bayan.
He added, “most of the operetta participants are volunteers including singers themselves who were happy to participate in this production without pay. It is noteworthy to mention that the operetta costs between 100,000-150,000 UAE dirhams -- Albawaba.com
- Jordan’s Ambassador to US: We Need to Send Israel a Strong Message that it cannot Flex its Muscle and Expect Peace
- Arab World Stars Participate in ‘Amman in Hearts’ Operetta
- Arab Artists, Singers Perform Operetta ‘Jerusalem Our Land’
- Leading Arab Composers, Singers Call for Just Peace in New Operetta
- Why can't we all just hold hands? One woman's mission to bring peace to the Middle East