Palestinian Intifada, Slogan of Cairo Radio, TV Fest
The Egyptian Minister of Information Safwat al Sherif agreed that the Palestinian Intifada would be the banner of the 8th Cairo Radio and TV festival to be held next July, according to the daily al Hayat.
Sherif also agreed to allocate most of the festival’s prizes for the best work, which would depict the Palestinian resistance in countering the Israeli aggression.
The head of the Radio and TV Trustees Council and festival head, Hasan Hamed said, “there will be six TV and six radio prizes for planning, presentation and direction. The top creativity prize will reach 7,000 pounds.
Earlier the festival’s higher committee headed by Hamed wrapped up the general events of the festival, which will involve handing out a number of new prizes. These include the prize for best radio and TV drama scripting and direction in an attempt to encourage the young creators and give them the opportunity to express themselves. Also a new prize has been added for best child radio and TV song performance in order to discover new talents among children and finalize them -- Albawaba.com
- Salahiddin, Hag Mitwalli win Cairo Radio and TV Fest’s golden prizes
- 400 Arab Radio, TV artworks to participate in Cairo Fest
- One thousand productions to participate in Cairo Radio, TV Fest
- Cairo TV, Radio Fest to be Held under Banner ‘Palestinian Resistance’
- Panorama on Palestinian Intifada at Video Clip Oscar Fest