Paul Walker is UAE's No. 1 person trending on Google this year
The late Fast and Furious actor Paul Walker topped the list of the trending people in the UAE, according to Google’s yearly list of the top searched sites and names released on Tuesday. Walker starred in one of the year’s biggest hits before dying in a fiery car crash on November 30. 23-year-old Palestinian singer Mohammad Assaf, came second in the list, after winning Arab Idol in August by getting a massive number of votes from not only the Arab region but also the Arabs in the diaspora. Assaf came ahead of American actress Jennifer Lawrence, who won an Oscar in February, and Canadian pop musician Justin Bieber, who performed in the UAE in May. Egyptian TV host Bassem Youssef came fifth.
The second half of Google’s UAE most trending people list include late South African president Nelson Mandela, Indian film star Priyanka Chopra, Pope Francis, Emirati footballer Ali Mabkout and late Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez.
By Jumana Al Tamimi, Associate Editor
- Malala Yousafzai, Jay-Z, and Jennifer Lawrence got nothin' but TIME in common
- The talk of the town: Deepak Chopra gives Dubai peeps life-changing advice
- Shout out to El Bernameg for joining list of top UAE google search trends in 2013
- Google Toolbar Gets Personal in Arabic
- From the World Cup to the iPhone 6: what are people in the UAE googling the most?