People in Baalbek enjoy Wardah’s golden voice
Despite the unusual summer weather in the Baalbek area of Lebanon, where it has been raining, the weather suddenly became warm and calm just as the great singer Wardah got up to perform for her Lebanese fans.
Around 9pm Wardah got up on stage and the musician Majed Sroor started playing “Fe Youm We Lailah” (In a Night and Day). She appeared elegant in a blue and silver dress. She is a lady that respects her age and her heart is full of energy.
The night started out a disaster. She forgot some of the words to her songs and her voice was weak, but her fans excused her and cheered her on to show their respect for her music. There were times when she had to stop and let the music play alone. She asked the audience to excuse her because there was alot of humidity in the air.
According to the London daily Elaph, after a 20 minute break and changing her dress, Wardah came back once to fire up the fans with her music and her presence on stage. She appeared in a yellow dress singing her famous song “Akathab Aleek” (Should I Lie to You). The second time around her voice became stronger.
There was no doubt that Wardah has a golden voice and the audience loved her presence.
- Get the dish on Dionne Warwick ahead of her gig in the Levant
- Wardah requests “Love of Lebanon”
- New technology allows blind people to "watch" movies in Egypt!
- Egypt’s celebration of July revolution revive patriotic songs
- Couture designer to the stars Elie Saab explains why Beirut is his timeless inspiration