The star who made the Middle East "Happy" is now preparing for the Oscars
In preparation for Sunday's Academy Awards broadcast, Pharrell Williams ran through his No. 1 hit "Happy" some half dozen times alongside Idina Menzel, U2 and Karen O, who were also rehearsing Saturday.
The musicians are performing their Oscar-nominated songs during the awards ceremony at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills, Calif., Fox News reported.
"All I care about is the fun," Williams said to actress Kate Hudson, who was also on hand to rehearse her part in the night's festivities.
Williams' "Happy" is nominated for the animated "Despicable Me 2;" O's "The Moon Song" is nominated for "Her;" Menzel's "Let It Go" is nominated for "Frozen;" and U2's "Ordinary Love" is nominated for "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom."
The Academy Awards air 7 p.m. EST Sunday on ABC, Oscar.com, ABC.com, WatchABC.com and the ABC Watch App.
If you feel like doing a little preparation yourself, watch the official video for Williams' "Happy" here.
By DANIELLE HAYNES
- Amman claps along with Pharrell Williams in the "Happy" Hashemite Kingdom
- Shout out to Saudi! DJ Omar Basaad is the first Arab EDM producer nominated for MTV EMAs
- NBC\'s Globe Hangover: Liz and Julia Score Viewers
- Hind Sabri is one "Happy" girl on the streets of Egypt: cameos on Pharrell Williams cover for free
- Cate of Arabia: What do Cate Blanchett and Ahmad Zaky have in common?