A movie about the life of the Prophet but no insults this time
In response to the recent crises sparked in the region by the now-notorious anti-Islam short film, Information Minister Salah Abdel-Maksoud and film director Shoukry Abu Amira, vice president of the Egyptian Radio and Television Union (ERTU), have agreed to produce a major documentary film on the life of Prophet Mohamed.
The film – to be entitled 'Mohamed: Messenger of God, Gift of Mercy' – will be directed by Egypt's Samiha El-Ghonemy, one of the Arab world's most prominent documentary filmmakers. El-Ghonemy has directed religious-themed films in the past, including 'The Holy Family's Journey in Egypt.'
A handful of scholars from Egypt's Al-Azhar are already reportedly working on a screenplay for the film, which will be jointly produced by the Egyptian Cinema Syndicate and the ERTU.
Members of the syndicate are also reportedly mulling production of a feature film portraying the life of the Prophet.
- Cartoon Film on Prophet Mohammed to be Screened in Five Arab States
- ‘Mohammed Khatam Alanbiyaa’ Brings Life of the Prophet to Children
- Sudan Independent Film Festival bringing Egyptians in 'da house!
- Animated Film on Muslim Prophet has to Pass Muster at Egypt's Al Azhar
- Azhar Agrees to Cartoon on Prophet Mohammad