Late Syrian film critic Rafiq El-Sabban to be honored at the Luxor African Film Festival
RIP Rafiq El-Sabban. (Image: Facebook)
Renowned Syrian film critic and screenwriter, Rafiq El-Sabban, who passed away in Cairo on Saturday 17 August, will be honoured at the Luxor African Film Festival, announces the festival's president, Sayed Fouad.
The upcoming, third edition of the festival will take place in March 2014.
Born in 1931, El-Sabban was one of the most renowned cinema professors, critics and scriptwriters in the history of Syrian and Egyptian cinema. for decades he contributed to the development of Egyptian cinema. On 17 August, El-Sabban, passed away in a Cairo hospital where he was admitted a week ago following a sudden health crisis.
- A home win for Egypt: Local filmmakers grab four awards at the Luxor African Film Festival
- Nadia al Jundi to be honored at the Alexandria Film Festival
- Alexandria International Film Festival Rejects Israeli Film
- Taiwan Wins Muscat Film Fest’s ‘Golden Dagger’ Prize
- Syrian director banned from Cairo Film Fest over support for Assad