Raghda still only has eyes for Assad
Syrian actress Raghda is still in denial. Not in Egypt as the old River Nile joke goes, but regarding her homeland Syria. She says her President is not responsible for massacres against his people.
The veteran actress is not throwing aside her loyalty to the regime just yet. The thick skinned star is firmly ensconced in the regime camp against a sea of opposition, and looks to be fighting the Lion's corner to the finish.
So her stance has not changed as she dismisses news reports of massacres taking place in Syria at the hands of the current government regime. The actress puts these rumors and 'lies' down to propoganda generated by Al Jazeera and its satellite TV ilk.
Raghda posits that there is no such thing as a utopian [perfect] government and if there are flaws in the Syrian Presidency or his government then that does not mean he should be eliminated. For Raghda at least, Bashar symbolizes security and peace for Syria and his regime should not fall, she says.
The power of the veto
The actress bolsters her belief in Assad via superpowers Russia and China who she has faith would not forsake the Syrian people.
What do you think of celebrities getting political? Is Raghda's pro-Assad stance of surprise or interest?
- Mai Ezz Eldin says she won't be put off working with pro-Assad Raghda
- Denial is not just a river in Egypt: Ignoring reality in Syria
- Syrian actress Raghda supports Bashar Al Assad, calls opposers "traitors"
- How Syria´s civil war has made Assad the only viable presidential candidate
- Sherine's puts the apple of her eye daughter on TV