Ragheb Alama's bodyguards in major bust up with village mayor
Megastars might travel all over the world but they still have to live somewhere and in the Arab world, a neighbor is never far away with some gossip or scandal.
For Arab Idol judge, Ragheb Alama, his house in the small village of Bir Hassan in Southern Lebanon has always been a source of comfort. That was until the village mayor's sons began lurking around his front door.
According to reports in Kuwaiti newspaper, Al Anba, Ragheb's bodyguards didn't take kindly to Hussein, 18, and Hassan, 13, both sons of Mayor Imad Suleiman Ahmad, hanging around the star's house.
Al Anba reported this week that the two youngsters were severely beaten by the guards, leading to a hospital visit. The mayor has now filed a formal complaint against the Lebanese songster and has hired a lawyer to proceed with the case.
However, Ragheb has fiercely denied the rumors and said he's still on good terms with the mayor:
“The press has been spreading rumors that my bodyguards had assaulted two young boys and I assure that this news is not even close to the truth”, he tweeted.
- How to drive Ragheb Alama nuts: Ahlam nominates Haifa Wehbe as judge #5 on Arab Idol!
- Ragheb Alama responds to 'Arab Idle' gossip: Judge Exit-Stage-Left?
- Trading places: Wael Kfoury replacing Ragheb Alama on Arab Idol, latter to join X Factor judging panel!
- Ragheb Alama gets those muscles moving
- Ragheb Alama denies loaning ex Lebanese PM hundreds of millions of dollars