Ragheb Alama's secret millions: all lies, he says
Arab Idol judge and all-round superstar, Ragheb Alama, is clearly not taking the bus to work but the rumors of his alleged massive wealth have finally got too much for the singer, who fought back this week on his social networking sites.
Last week one of the Lebanese newspapers claimed they could accurately estimate how much the star had earned and included allegations that Ragheb had loaned billionaire president, Sa'ed al Hariri, 250 million dollars.
"What's the point in spreading such rumors? It seems that April's fool started in October this year!" Ragheb tweeted, adding "it's really strange, a Lebanese paper has abandoned all the troubles of the world and has concerned itself with making up so-called figures about my alleged wealth."
The talent show judge did not actually deny the figures proposed but the rumors have clearly struck a nerve. However, Ragheb isn't sitting on his laurels just yet and is busy working on his new music video, 'I'm not Joking', in Istanbul, which will be released on his album of the same name. The singer also celebrated the launch of his new scent in the Lebanese capital surrounded by friends and industry types.
- Ragheb Alama denies loaning ex Lebanese PM hundreds of millions of dollars
- Did Ahlam pay MBC $50 million to kick Ragheb Alama off of Arab Idol?
- I want you back: Nancy Ajram breaks her silence and requests Ragheb Alama's return to Arab Idol 3!
- Ragheb Alama will not sing with anyone after Shakira
- Trading places: Wael Kfoury replacing Ragheb Alama on Arab Idol, latter to join X Factor judging panel!