Oh My What? Fans still in shock over Ragheb Alama's Arab Idol withdrawal!
In a shocking revelation, Lebanese superstar Ragheb Alama pulled out of the TV talent competition Arab Idol on April 5!
Ragheb, a judge on the show, tweeted confirming the news, saying: "The news are true, very true. I won't be taking part in this season of Arab Idol for a number of reasons. I would like to stress that this decision is as far off from any members of the judging panel as could be."
The tweet received over 547 replies, from fans who were mostly upset by the sudden news.
Although many speculated that Ragheb left the panel because of the ongoing feud between him and fellow obnoxious judge Ahlam, he wrote another tweet denying the claims.
"For clarification: Whoever thinks I left because of one of the judges, is a fool. I left for more important reasons, and not just because of normal reasons or reasons that are unimportant to me."
Surprisingly, none of Ragheb's fellow judges tweeted in response to his news! But we suspect Ahlam must be as happy as a clam that her co-star nemesis has left her in the Arab Idol limelight!
Earlier in Feb, the UAE singer nominated Lebanese singer Haifa Wehbe to join her and her fellow judges Alama, Nancy Ajram and Hassan El Shafei on the third season of the talent hit competition.
Ragheb was not even fond of the idea of hosting Haifa on the show, let alone have her join the judging panel!
Who would you like MBC to replace Alama with?
- I want you back: Nancy Ajram breaks her silence and requests Ragheb Alama's return to Arab Idol 3!
- Ragheb Alama cashes in on Arab Idol fame
- It's all out in the open: Ragheb Alama finally tells us why he's quit Arab Idol!
- Trading places: Wael Kfoury replacing Ragheb Alama on Arab Idol, latter to join X Factor judging panel!
- Shaking things up! Ragheb Alama switches from "Arab Idol" to "Star Academy"