It's all out in the open: Ragheb Alama finally tells us why he's quit Arab Idol!
The road to finding out why Lebanese superstar Ragheb Alama had quit Arab Idol has been a bumpy one, with most blaming Ahlam for his withdrawal, and even going as far as claiming that she'd paid MBC $50 mill to get rid of the old chap!
Although Ragheb said fellow judge Ahlam had nothing to do with it, he’s now finally revealed the real reason behind leaving the talent show behind.
Apparently, it’s MBC Group who’s to blame! In conversation with Al Shabaka news, Ragheb said:
“The producers wanted us to go in a flawed direction, and that was wrong. They wanted us to talk in a certain way that doesn't suit MBC or the calibre of guests we were going to host, or even us; we are their guests at the end of the day.”
He added: “We have been given many wrong messages, and anything that’s built on the wrong will only end up wrong. I’ve asked them multiple times to fix things but they said ‘take it or leave it.’ So they wanted me to accept things even if I didn’t agree with them.”
Ragheb reassured the news daily that Ahlam had nothing to do with him quitting, adding that he’s always told MBc “it’s either the four of us (judges), or none at all.”
Lebanese superstar Wael Kfoury will be replacing Ragheb. Wael was a judge on The Voice Arabia and it's rumored that Alama will be taking his spot on the rival show!
- Show me the money! Ragheb Alama rakes in way more dough than reported on "Al Jadeed TV"
- The morning after that Arpil Fool’s: Ragheb the prankster comes clean
- Ragheb takes us behind the scenes at Arab Idol 2
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Who's the "judge" of that? Ragheb Alama has The X Factor in Arabia!