Rania Shawki asked to improve her 'belly dancing' skills
Egyptian actress Rania Shawki, the daughter of the late actor Farid Shawki, is said to be busy nowadays taking private and intensive classes in belly dancing by one of the well-known dancers at a Cairo 'night club'.
The London-based daily, Al Sharq Al Awsat, reported on Wednesday that the young actress is spending these last three weeks taking dancing classes upon the request of Mohammed Al Naki, the director of her latest TV series "Al Attar Wal Sabe' Banat" (The Spice Dealer and the Seven Girls).
"In the series I play the role of a belly dancer whom actor Emad Rashad falls in love with. For this reason director Naki asked me to enroll in belly dancing classes," said Shawki.
"Al Attar Wal Sabe' Banat" series, scheduled to be screened on the MBC channel in the forthcoming fasting month of Ramada, circles around a spice dealer, played by actor Noor Al Sherief, has been handed down this knowledge from his father. Despite difficulties he faces as an illiterate entrepreneur, the dealer succeeds in making a fortune with the help of his seven daughters.
Costarring in the series will be Majda Zaki, Sawsan Badr, Sumaya al Alfi, Hala Fakher, Emad Rashad, Rania Fareed Shawki, as well as others. – Albawaba.com
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Sultan’s wife and Belly Dancer: Rania Shawki outdoes herself this Ramadan!
- Noor Al Sherief takes a vacation from spice dealing, travels to Dubai
- Noor al Sherief a 'spice dealer' in Ramadan
- Shahin’s “Anger” calls for a speedy end to the “Spice Dealer”
- Rania Farid Shawki returns to the big screen hoping to reach fame without the help of her father