Playing with Wolves: Rania Youssef raped in controversial film scene
We're used to controversy surrounding Egyptian actress Rania Youssef, and this time she's certainly delivered!
In a brave career move, to say the least, Rania is playing the role of a rape victim in her latest movie “Al Li'ib Ma'a Al Thi'ab” (Playing with Wolves).
The film discusses the horrendous social problem of rape, and rumor has it that Rania's hubby was less-than-happy with her taking part in the film.
But the outspoken actress was quick to defend her husband, noting that he's had absolutely no objection to her playing this role, or any of her other roles for that matter.
According to Sayidaty.net, Rania stressed that her hubby is highly confident in her as a person and in her career decisions, as this isn't his area of expertise anyway. Mr. Rania is an Engineer – in case you were wondering!
Commenting on the rape scenes in the film, Rania said: “The scenes were done in a sensitive and tasteful manner, and were not in any way intended to entice viewers, rather they called for sympathy and compassion for the rape victim.”
- Overprotective hubby? Rania Youssef says "no"
- Controversial actress, Rania Yousef tackles tough issue of rape
- Heart of Gold: Rania Youssef puts Egypt before her work
- Rania Youssef raises the roof…and eyebrows in ‘Hot Front’
- She ain't no traitor to her gender! Rania Youssef defends her portrayal of a cheating wife