Heart of Gold: Rania Youssef puts Egypt before her work
Bleeding with sadness for her country, Egyptian controversial actress Rania Youssef stated that she's distraught over the tragic events taking place in Egypt and is very disappointed with the actions of the Muslim Brotherhood that are causing tremendous bloodshed.
The politically-active actress added that she supports General Abdel Fattah Al Sisi and watches events by the second on TV everyday.
According to the Middle East news portal Elaph, showing true commitment to her country, Rania freed herself completely from any work commitments in order to follow events taking place in the streets of Egypt and even called off her short vacation before starting her two new films.
Rania clarified that she doesn't know when her filming schedule will begin due to the unstable political conditions and the difficulty of filming at the current time. She noted that she hasn't yet contacted the film producers since events escalated in Egypt.
The actress is to star in two new films; the first “Domino” with director Ashraf Nar and the second “Al Li'ib Ma Al Thi'ab” (Playing with Wolves) with director Amir Shaker.
- Playing with Wolves: Rania Youssef raped in controversial film scene
- Controversial actress, Rania Yousef tackles tough issue of rape
- Seriously, that's not me! Rania Youssef inactive on social networking sites
- Overprotective hubby? Rania Youssef says "no"
- ‘Flames’ and ‘Heat Waves' leave Rania Youssef suffering exhaustion!