Rick Ross leaves Dubai fans hanging: No show, no explanation
Rick Ross concert: Rescheduled
Mystery surrounds the unexpected cancellation of this weekend’s Rick Ross concert in Dubai.
Organisers IMM Events and 360 Group have not issued an official statement, however a website directing ticket sales for the September 21 show now reads: “Rescheduled! All tickets will be valid for the rescheduled date! The new date will be announced soon! IMM Events.”
The American artist was due to perform as the headline act for the opening night of Nasimi Rocks. The performance was to be followed by an after party at Dubai’s Movida nightclub, which issued the following statement via a Facebook page on Tuesday: “Due to circumstances beyond our control Rick Ross has cancelled his concert this Friday, meaning Mo*Vida will not be hosting his after party. The artist’s management are rescheduling his tour date to ensure Rick Ross will be in Dubai in October/November. We will update you all when we have more information.”
Ross had announced the concert himself on Twitter on Sunday, tweeting: “Who wanna come to Dubai w/ me Sept. 21 got two Xtra jet seats !!! #GoldParty” but has not tweeted about the cancellation so far.
Tickets for the event were being sold for up to Dh850 at rickrossdubai.com
- Another day, another rapper brings his swagger to Dubai
- Double the hip hop trouble: Rick Ro$$ and T-pain poppin' into UAE same night
- Rick "The Boss" Ross returns to the UAE alongside Macklemore and Lewis in April
- Black Eyed Pea gives Dubai some boom boom pow
- Gotta wait till next year! Amr Diab reschedules cancelled DIFF concert to 2014