Will De Niro be rocking the red carpet at this year's Doha Tribeca Film Festival?
Robert De Niro, the co-founder of the Doha Tribeca Film Festival, looks set to return for this year’s festival, which takes place next month. Industry sources are abuzz with talk that the Goodfellas star will again walk the red carpet at the film showcase, which is a partnership between the Doha Film Institute and de Niro’s Tribeca festival in New York.
No other stars have been announced but movie watchers can hope that Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper or Shah Rukh Khan could put in an appearance as they all have films screening. This year’s festival, running from November 17 - 24, is the fourth installment and is bigger than ever, with 87 films being screened under themed sections. That includes 29 regional premieres in the Contemporary World Cinema and Special Screenings Programmes, one of which is the highly-acclaimed “Silver Linings Playbook”, starring Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper. The film won the Audience Award at the recent Toronto International Film Festival. There will also be a “tribute” screening of Yash Chopra’s final film Jab Tak Hai Jaan. The festival will close with Rise of the Guardians 3D by Peter Ramsey.
- That's a wrap! DIFF draws final curtain on film festival with Hollywood's American Hustle
- 'Sleep Tight' in Beirut tonight with the Ibero-American Film Festival
- Back to Arabia: classic Lawrence visits 21st century
- Fashionably late: De Niro works the crowd at Doha film fest
- Doha film fest rolls out the red carpet but where are the celebrities?