The betrayal effect: Rojina marries her sister's hubby... on TV drama!
Egyptian actress Rojina has been a busy bee this Ramadan, what with starring in “Hekayet Hayat” (Hayat's Story), “Noqtit Daef” (Weak Point) and “Qisas Al Nisaa Fil Quran” (Women's Stories in Islam).
But the real highlight of her acting career this Ramadan was her role in Hayat's Story, alongside its leading actress Ghada Abdel Razek.
In the show, her character, Nada, is a highly tempered woman, who's easily-upset. Rojina admitted that she's the complete opposite of Nada, as she rarely gets upset, if at all.
But what made her character stick out is the daring storyline she played, which saw Nada break her sister's heart by cheating with her husband and taking away their son.
However, Rojina defended her character by saying that certain circumstances led to those events, more of which will be revealed in the upcoming episodes. She was also convinced that viewers will see Nada differently in the end, not as the evil personality that she was made out to be.
Rojina was chosen for this role by its director Mohammad Sami. The two previously worked together on “Ma'a Sabq Al Israr” (With Prior Insistency), alongside Ghada as well.
Her role in With Prior Insistency was the turning point in her career, hence why she immediately agreed to take on Nada's role with the same work crew.
- The Weakest Link: Ghada Abdel Razak a Ramadan failure
- No rest for the wicked: Haifa Wehbe shoots off to Beirut to film new series (starring same cast as Ghada Razek's "Hayat's Story")
- Old-news-turned-new: Ghada Abdel Razek is married... to her ex-hubby!
- Wael Jassar is Layla's ray of sunshine: Singer to sing theme tune for Elwi's Ramadan drama "Sun"
- Indecent Behavior: Ghada Abdel Razek portrays Egyptian women as “whores”