Rojina to Play Antigone
Egyptian actress Rojina is starting rehearsals for the play Ariss Al Turab (Soil Groom), whose script is based on combining the Greek play Oedipus the King with a work entitled Jan Kokto, translated by Taha Hussein and Fathi Al Ashri.
According to the Egyptian daily Al Gomhuria, Ashri prepared a new text, adapting the original play to suit the modern world. The play will be directed by Intissar Abdel Fattah and costar Rojina (playing the role of Antigone), Hassan Abdel Hamid, Samira Abdel Aziz, Damia Aluba and a group of Bedouins.
The play, produced by the Modern Theatre Group, will participate in the Experimental Theatre Festival scheduled for September. It will also be performed later at the Roman Theatre in Alexandria – Albawaba.com
- Pressure Causes Employee to Lose Marbles on Stage
- Shawqi to Star in Adaptation of Play by Nobel Prize Winner O’Neill
- Egyptian ‘King Lear’ to Participate in London Int’l Theatrical Fest
- TV Series Written Especially for the Ghanem Family
- ‘Desire Under Elms’ Tempts Hanan Tork to Work for Public Sector Theater