Rolling in the big bucks: Adel Imam to receive an “open cheque” for upcoming TV role
It's that time of year again when writers get tapping away on their keyboards to produce yet another fabulous script for Ramadan's TV marathon.
Scenarist Youssef Ma'ati has just completed his script for a new social drama titled “Sahib El Sa'adah” (His Excellency).
And “his excellency” King of Comedy Adel Imam was selected to play the starring role in the production. There will however be a further 10 main characters starring alongside Mr Imam!
But they may be 'main' characters by name, however that doesn't mean that they will receive a similar paycheck to the veteran actor.
“Synergy,” the drama's producing company, said that they've set an open budget for the series, which could exceed 60 million Egyptian pounds (that's $8 million for you and I), half of which will be paid off to Mr Imam.
Lucky for some, eh?
The series will feature 22 episodes and will be directed by none other than Adel's son, Rami Imam, who's currently busy selecting the remainder of the cast.
ME news portal Elaph reported that filming the first scenes will begin in two months' time. This is due to the large number of necessary outdoor scenes in and away from Egypt, that must be filmed in time for Ramadan 2014.
- Has Adel Imam's director son ticked off Khaled Zaki? Rumor says yes!
- Adel Imam's a man on a mission already preparing for Ramadan 2015!
- He's still got it! A confident Adel Imam gives strict orders to his Ramadan drama buyers
- Well, if that’s the least you can do: Adel Imam settles for a 15 mill' gig
- She just couldn't say no to him! Lebleba accepts Adel Imam's tempting proposal