"2,000 Light Years From Home," 2 months away from Rolling Stones Abu Dhabi performance
Rolling Stones UAE fans can now officially go crazy as the legendary British rockers announced their first ever concert dates in Abu Dhabi.
Celebrating five decades together, they will kick off their 14 ON FIRE tour with a one-off concert at Abu Dhabi’s du Arena on February 21 2014. So far, dates have been announced in Australia, New Zealand, the US, Canada, UK, France as well as Abu Dhabi.
Former band member Mick Tylor - from 1969-1974 - will be joining Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts on stage as a special guest.
Mick Jagger said: “Can’t wait to be back on stage especially in Abu Dhabi, I am really looking forward to playing all your favorite songs and seeing you all very soon.”
While Keith Richards added: “The best place in the world for me is out on that stage. Standby everyone…its back to where we belong - me, Mick, Charlie and Ronnie and some friends all rocking out together. The wheels are in motion and we’re on our way…see you very soon!”
Last week, the band tweeted in Arabic saying “surprises,” and some surprise this is!
You can rock out too and get your tickets at midday on Thursday, December 12 at www.ticketmaster.ae and selected Virgin Megastores across the UAE.
For those who can't wait, an exclusive pre-sale starts from midday Monday, 9 December and closes at midday Wednesday, 11 December 2013. A limited number of General Admission Early Bird tickets start from AED395.
- Rolling Stones' UAE gig nears as David Bailey dares he's more of a "bad boy" than Mick Jagger
- Following death of Mick Jagger's partner, Rolling Stones cancel first Aussie gig, Israel still on schedule
- UAE recent rocker Mick Jagger pays tribute to his late girlfriend L'Wren Scott
- The Rolling Stones have arrived! Ronnie Wood dishes about Abu Dhabi rehearsals
- Rolling Stones smash it at Abu Dhabi concert for the first time in 50 years!