The Stones have rolled into town ahead of their Wednesday night gig
The Rolling Stones arrived in Israel on Monday night ahead of their landmark performance at Tel Aviv's Park Hayarkon scheduled for Wednesday.
Opening act Rami Fortis will hit the stage at 8 p.m and the Stones will follow at 9:15 p.m. The show's starting time was pushed back in order to leave enough time for religiously observant fans to attend the concert after the Shavuot holiday.
“This is a historic and very meaningful visit. In these days when we hear calls for boycotts from around the world, it’s not taken for granted that a band of this magnitude will come to Israel,” concert promoter Shuki Weiss has said.
- Here are a few things to keep you busy in Beirut this week!
- First week on the job? Here's how to make it amazing
- Indian State Asks People to Fight Guerrillas with Sticks and Stones
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Stone-Studded Jewelry Gains Popularity in Gulf