Rubi in trouble with the censors
Production of the new Egyptian film “Al Waed” (The Promise) will start this week, starring controversial Egyptian singer Rubi and artist Mahmoud Yasin. The film is directed by Muhammad Yasin.
“Al Waed,” is written by Egyptian writer Wahid Hamed and the script is already being censored by the Egyptian censorship committee, which was the case with most of his previous works.
The committee has labeled some of the scenes in the film as ‘obscene’ and asked the writer to omit them, to allow him to proceed with making the film. So far Hamed has refused and has threatened to take his case to court.
Rubi plays an attractive woman who has the ability to lure wealthy businessmen and politicians to sleep with her. As soon as she has the men in her arms she photographs them and blackmails them. She later decides to reveal their relations to the press, espousing the men.
- Nabila Ebeid Keeps Souvenirs from Her Lovers in ‘Kasakis Alushak’
- Big Shots Feather Their Own Nests in ‘Ahlam Al Kharif’
- Ruby’s apartment gives rise to objection from the Egyptian Censorship Committee
- Censored Iranian author turns to Facebook for help
- Egyptian Censors forbid Hanan Turk from imitating Shakira