Saba Mubarak, “Al Ijtiyah” did not take the right chance
The star of the television drama series “Al Ijtiyah” (The Invasion), Jordanian actress Saba Mubarak, said that she is happy and excited that her new drama series is competing with three international drama series for an “Emmy” award for best television drama.
According to the London daily Elaph, “Al Ijtiyah” was produced by the Arab Communication Center in 2007 and was written by Riyad Saif and directed by Shawqi Al Majri.
Mubarak said that the series “Al Ijtiyah” is full of feeling and emotion. It talks about one of the most important Palestinian resistant in the history of the Palestinian people.
Mubarak noted the success of “Al Ijtiyah,” despite that it “did not take the right chance” in being aired on Arabic channels.
“Al Ijtiyah” was ignored by many who are responsible for media in the Arab world, said Mubarak.
The series is competing with the Argentinean comedy “Lola,” the emotional Russian drama, “One Night of Love,” and the Brazilian series, “The Paradise of the Tropical Forest.”
The “Emmy” awards ceremony will be held on November 24th in New York.
- Chawki al-Merji brings Palestine into hearts and minds of Lebanese cinema goers
- Sawsan Badr denies threatening to take off her clothes in Tahrir Square
- The unquestionable Suez Canal development project leaves many questions unanswered
- Jordanian drama series “Al Ejtyah” receives an Emmy Award
- Mubarak-Sharon tension likely to exact economic price