Saeed Saleh’s open-heart surgery postponed
The heart surgeon treating prominent Egyptian comedian-actor Saeed Saleh has decided to postpone the actor’s open-heart surgery for another two weeks. Saleh’s doctor explained that the actor’s health condition must first improve due the sensitivity of the operation.
After a special request was made by Egypt’s President Hussni Mubarak, the actor was transferred to Dar Al Foad Hospital, where the late prominent Egyptian actor Ahmad Zaki was treated. Saleh’s only daughter Hind, revealed that her father’s condition is somewhat stable and that he must undergo the surgery to change three clogged arteries in his heart.
According to the London based Elaph, Hind explained that her father also suffers from diabetes, which has caused complications and forced the postponement of his operation.
A number of prominent stars, from both his generation and the new generation, have visited Saeed, in addition to the daily visits made by his life-long friend, comedian Adel Imam.
Saeed acted in a number of films, although his debut came in the popular play “Madrast Al Mushaghibeen,” and he was best known for his tremendous success on stage. He is considered to be one of Egypt’s most beloved actors.
- Adel Imam vows to pay Saeed Saleh’s medical bills
- So long viral infection: Saeed Saleh gradually getting better in the ICU
- Husni Mubarak ensured that Saeed Saleh received top medical care
- Surgeon: Mary is in Stable Condition
- Adel Imam accused of neglecting lifelong friend Saeed Saleh days before his death