Jordanian Safa Sultan goes back to her roots!
Jordanian actress Safa Sultan revealed that she has begun filming the scenes of a new Jordanian drama titled "Al Marbutah" (Tied Up).
Safa stated that Jordanian social dramas are on their way in competing with Egyptian and Syrian ones, away from their Bedouin themes, which they're popular for.
According to Elaph news, Safa will play the role of a journalist named “Jumana,” a very confident and powerful woman who defies all odds and stands up to corrupt wealthy men. She does however end up falling for a wealthy man, just as many other events unfold throughout the series.
The drama will also tackle different topics of concern to Jordanian society, while focusing on the high classses and the corruption of businessmen, and other problems faced by youth.
Safa said that she will be speaking in her native Jordanian accent, and expressed her happiness at the new role, which is considered as a big addition to her career.
The drama was written by Riyadh Seif and will be directed by Nabil Al Shumali. It will be produced by Jordan TV and stars Qamar Al Safadi, Lara Al Safadi, Ala Al Jamal, Akef Najm and many others.
- What a difference a bra strap made for suspended news anchor Buthaina Kamel
- Jordanian TV viewers prefer Syrian and Egyptian drama series over Jordanian ones.
- Safa Sultan a traitor of the state? She says not
- Thus Spoke My Eccentric Friend
- The coup attempt that started a war: Israel’s invasion of Lebanon, its causes and consequences