Safinar celebrates NYE in "conservative" clothing
Mostly known for daring dance moves and provocative attire, Safinar had to step it up a notch in the modesty department in order to gain the permit necessary to perform in Cairo over New Year's Eve. For the sultry Armenian star also known as Safinaz, going "conservative" simply meant wearing shorts underneath a long, albeit sheer, dress, not exactly the hijab adorned by traditional ladies in the country.
This was indeed a sudden change of attire for the hip-shaking sista, an alteration that brought much criticism.
According to the Middle East news portal Elaph, News reports had it that security officials had requested her to appear more conservative during her performances or she would not be given permits to perform.
Despite her rising popularity and stealing the spotlight from most Egyptian belly dancers, Safinar can only perform by obtaining work permits since she has not yet been granted the Egyptian citizenship.
Egyptian belly dancer Dina denied reports that Safinar has stolen her limelight, stating that she has her own style of dancing and that she supports Safinar.
What's your opinion on Safinar's standard of conservatism? Please share in the comment box below!
- Belly dancer Safinaz reveals Ahmed Ezz as the man of her dreams!
- Egypt grants working permits to foreign belly-dancers
- Safinaz is footloose and fancy-free! Armenian belly dancer no longer in hot water
- Help please! Sultry hip-shakin' Safinaz seeks assistance from Armenian embassy after being sued by hotel
- French belly-dancer calls on French FM to interfere in Egyptian affairs