Sahra takes the Culturewheel: Egyptian band to play in El-Sawy
Independent Egyptian band Sahra will perform in Zamalek's El-Sawy Culturewheel on Tuesday 14 January.
Sahra was founded in 1999, when seven young men came together and fused their passion for music and their diverse musical backgrounds to produce a unique, oriental sound people often associate with Rai.
In 2009, Sahra released their first album, the self-titled 'Sahra.' It was recorded in their own studio and produced by their own company, Wave Music House. It included ten tracks, six compositions and four instrumental pieces.
Sahran Wayaky Although it has always been a fan favourite and was among tracks on their album, Sahra only recently released a video for their song "" (Staying up through the Night with You):
Programme: 26 July Street, under 15 May Bridge, Zamalek, Cairo Tuesday 14 January at 7pm Wisdom Hall, El-Sawy Culturewheel
- Egyptian rock-funk band give music lovers a taste of what's to come
- Egypt's musical hipsters protest against joining the mainstream
- Egypt's Sound of Sakia says no to politics
- Mado sticks two fingers up to Muslim Brotherhood... in a song!
- Something to look forward to: Egypt's culture picks of the week: 2-9 February