Salah Abdulla to Star in ‘Fame Crazy’
After winning three best actor’s prizes for his role in the film Muwaten, Mukhber Wa Harami (Citizen, Detective and Thief) directed by Daoud Abdel Sayyed, Egyptian actor Salah Abdulla is gearing up to take the absolute starring role in the film Magnoon Shuhrah (Fame Crazy) under the direction of Hamed Said.
Abdulla plays the role as a lover of Abdel Halim Hafez’s songs who thinks that he has the boon of singing despite the fact that his voice is irrelevant. The film’s star has nothing to do with singing except an old memory of meeting Abdel Halim when he is young. Abdel Halim tries to keep him away and so he advises him to perform songs from heritage.
Liblibah has been tapped to costar in the film along with Salah Abdulla.
“This step is the most difficult in the course of my career after the film Muwaten, Mukhber Wa Harami (Citizen, Detective and Thief) which has secured three prizes. The new film depicts the discrepancy between the various generations as I represent Abdel Halim Hafez’s loving generation while my wife loves Mohammed Fawzi. My children love Shaaban Abdel Rahim and Mustafa Amar,”Abdulla told the London-based Arabic daily al Sharq al Awsat -- Albawaba.com
- Is ‘Muwatin wa Mukhbir wa Harami’ New Adaptation of ‘Unbearable Lightness of Being’?
- ‘Citizen, Detective and Thief ‘ Wins Top Awards at Film Society Fest
- ‘Citizen, Detective, Thief’ to Compete in Egypt’s Fitr Feast Film Season
- Film Society Fest Awards Reveals Contrast between Audience, Jury
- Daoud Abdel Sayyed: I Tackled Sex Without Coverage by Love