Dubai filmmaker's picture 'litter'ally shortlisted for Arab Film competition
An Emirati’s debut picture on littering in the UAE has been shortlisted for the Arab Film Studio (ASF) 2013 competition - designed to discover the next big thing in regional movie-making.
Dubai-based Saleh Al Shunnar’s film ‘Recycled’ is a 10-minute short featuring two main actors. It has been nominated alongside five other films from across the Middle East.
The 47-year-old added: “It’s an issue particularly close to me.”
This year’s prize for the ‘Arab Film Studio’ competition, which was established in 2011 in partnership with film body Image Nation Abu Dhabi and media company twofour54, includes Dhs50,000 to help fund the winner’s next project.
Al Shunnar will know whether he’s scooped the top gong at an award ceremony to be held at the Yas Viceroy Hotel in Abu Dhabi on July 1.
Go to www.arabfilmstudio.com for more on ASF 2013 or follow the competition via @ArabFilmStudio on Twitter.
Do you think Saleh's got what it takes to grab the win? Please share by commenting below!
- Hey Jude, are the Arab Film Studio shorts as mm mmm good as you?!
- "Arab Film Studio" film competition to receive special awards ceremony at the ADIFF
- Award-winning Emirati film gets nod at New York's Tribeca Film Fest
- Iranian student takes the prize at Cannes' short film competition
- Who will be judging YOUR film at the upcoming Abu Dhabi Film Festival?