Saying goodbye to Syrian star Salim Kalas
Fans spanning many age groups are mourning today after enduring the loss of the great thespian Salim Kalim. In the early hours of Monday morning, Syria's beloved actor gave his last breath after experiencing a heart attack in his Damascus home. Salim's death was a shock to his family and friends from the entertainment world. The star had been working on several television dramas for next year's Ramadan marathon with a life expectancy of at least that long.
According to the Middle East news portal Elaph, Salim had starred in three traditional Syrian dramas this past Ramadan season. The dramas were "Qamar Al Sham", "Tahoun Al Shar 2" and the sequel of the drama "Zaman Al Barghout". Not to mention, the other hundreds of TV dramas he's participated in over his 43 year entertainment career that began in 1970.
The actor had recently celebrated his 77th birthday. He is survived by his wife, son, and five daughters.
Feel free to leave comments of condolence to his family and fellow fans in the box below!
- Fairouz celebrates 77th birthday , family style
- May Salim’s ‘I do’ to secret 2nd hubby and ‘I’m done’ to Ramadan TV
- Like father like son: Actor Wael Sharaf says bye to famous Dad Subhi Al Rifai
- Reeling from Qusair defeat, FSA says ready to fight in Lebanon
- Thank God that was gossip: Syrian actor Wael Sharaf is still alive, errybody