Salloum Haddad shocks everyone with his new role
Syrian renowned actor Salloum Haddad defended the role he played in the Syrian drama “Zaman Al Barghout” with simple logic: he wanted to spice things up! He liked that the character was different from the usual roles audiences are used to seeing him play and have frankly, according to him, made them lose interest.
Salloum said in a special statement made with regards to his controversial role, “My character as ‘Abu Najeeb’ in the drama “Zaman Al Barghout” is one of the closest to my desire of wanting to present variety in the roles I play. An actor should not only accept to play roles that are of important and powerful persons, but rather accept a variety in the roles to show one’s range in acting.”
Salloum stated that the character he played in the drama was very unique and in most dramas, it would be cast with secondary and minor actors.
- Out with the old, in the with new: Duraid Lahham replaces Salloum Haddad in new drama
- Salloum Haddad: al Mutanabbi, My Next Target
- First Syrian Iraqi Series Depicts al Mutanabbi’s Life
- Noor Al Sherif to Play Patron of Famous Poet
- Going back to the basics: Duraid Laham doing his first traditional Syrian drama in 40 years