That's a winner! El-Genaina Theatre to host Samaana Festival champs in concert
Samaana is a completion that aims to promote instrumental music, creating a wider fanbase through introducing talented young composers to the public.
The competition was launched in August and was open to all Arab composers, accepting musicians from every genre, as long as they submitted original pieces and had not previously been released on an album or applied to any other competition.
Users of the music platform to which submissions were uploaded could vote on their favourite compositions, while a panel of judges posted their evaluations of each piece to spark discussion without influencing voter choices.
Saturday 9 November at 7pm
Jasser Haj Youssef (Tunisia)
Opening Act: Moufadhal Adhoum (Tunisia)
Thursday 14 Novembet at 7pm
Nagwan and Amro Salah Jazz Trio (Egypt)
Opening Act: Antiqua Band (Egypt)
Saturday 16 November at 7pm
Mustafa Said (Egypt)
Opening Act: Oscar (Egypt)
El-Genaina Theatre, Al-Azhar Park, Salah Salem Road, Cairo
- Full of fat and indie music: 'Salalem' and 'High on Body Fat' to perform at Genaina
- Palestinians in Egypt: "Turab" band to perform in Cairo's Spring Festival this May
- Hayy Baby! Three weekends of musical fun are coming to Cairo with artists from around the Arab world
- Rocking band Alert: Mashrou' Leila to make Alexandria debut this Nov
- Music for the soul: Arab Composers Competition submissions now open