Samer Al Masri FSA pic is film stunt fake
Syrian actors have been walking a tightrope for many months, trying to stay out of politics and keep their lives intact. So it came as something of a surprise when small screen star, Samer al Masri, was spotted holding a gun, apparently having joined the rebel FSA soldiers.
The image, which appeared in one of Syria's opposition newspapers, also had the comment “Al Akeed Abu Shihab has joined the Syrian Free Army” beneath it.
The controversial picture has started a media war between pro and anti-government news outlets with one regime newspaper claiming the image came from a TV drama that Samer starred in called 'Al Tariq ila Kabul' (Road to Kabul).
Syrian gossip magazine, Ana Zahra, said the photo came from a vacation that the actor took in 2007 to Iraq with a group of pals. So far Samer's people haven't commented so the speculation continues...
- Samer Al Masri goes from "talk of the town" status to international film star in "A to B"
- Let the games begin: Samer al Masri participates in the European Shooting Championships
- Samer al Masri tells us how it went from "A to B"!
- Samer Al Masri will never become a singer
- Samer Al Masri welcomes new baby girl to the world