Samir Ghanem says he's not stuck up, just brilliant
Veteran Egyptian TV personality, Samir Ghanem, has rebuffed allegations that he's conceited after his claim to be 'the most important theater actor in Egypt' caused waves. Samir told reporters that he had every right to be picky about his roles, given how long he's been in the entertainment business.
The 74 year old, said he'd even turned down a offer to work alongside so-called 'Egyptian King of Comedy', Adel Imam, after finding out the role would only be a minor one. Samir has been criticized in the past for wandering off script but the entertainer even had a rebuttal to this: he said adding his owns dialogue "shows his genius on stage".
But he does it all for the love of acting right? Well no, says Samir. In fact he's more interested in the pay packet than the artistic side of his work. Ghanem admitted he was 'somewhat greedy' and loves money.
The long time actor said he had no intention of remarrying after his divorce to Egyptian actress Dalal Abdel Aziz but said he was hopeful of one day meeting Lebanese/Columbian superstar Shakira.
- From one comedy legend to another: Samir Ghanem declines Adel Imam's acting offer
- It's a girl! Donia Samir Ghanem welcomes a new addition to her family
- The Ugly (Betty) truth: Salma Hayek to SUE Amy Samir Ghanem's showmakers
- Dina Samir Ghanem turns to Singing
- Samir Ghanem Promises to Return Next Ramadan