Samira Ahmad teams up with Turkey's 'Karim' for TV comeback
Much loved Egyptian actress, Samira Ahmad, has been away from the small screen for nearly three years and fans were beginning to think she had gone in to early retirement. But the acting legend has picked her moment to return and will be co-starring alongside Turkey's most famous soap star.
The new drama, called 'Qalb Umm' (A Mother's Heart), is set to air during Ramadan 2013 and will be set in both Turkey and Egypt, with Turkish language segments dubbed. Samira is keeping it in the family, as her daughter Jalila is the mastermind behind the script.
According to the Elaph, Turkish superstar Engin Akyurek, known to fans as 'Karim' for his starring role in hit drama, 'Fatima', is set to take a role in the project. Alongside Engin, could be Kivanc Tatlitug, better known as 'Muhannad' in the drama second only in popularity to his Turkish peer.
It is quite the star-studded affair for Samira, who was last seen on screen three years in 'Mama Fil Qisim' (Mother in the Department) alongside Egyptian actor Ahmad Fahmi.
- Samira Ahmad travels to Iraq to save her son
- Samira Ahmad starts production on her own biography written by her daughter and casting Hanan Al Turk
- Samira Ahmad fights corruption through justice
- Samira Ahmad takes the revolution to television
- Nabila Obeid demands to be paid the same wages as Yusra and Samira Ahmad