Sing it, Samira! Morocco's about to get some Said love and song
Samira Said is ready to sing for you, Morocco! (image courtesy of samirasaid.net)
While we wait impatiently for Samira Said's album release in December, co-patriot fans of the Moroccan songstress have a little less longer wait than the rest of us to get a dose of her music magic. Samira will be singing her heart out in Northern Morocco on August 21st for one of the biggest events of the year for her homeland.
According to Laha Magazine, the diva will be performing a dash of old and a sprinkle of new songs that is sure to keep the audience dancing and singing along the whole night long.
While Samira's album launch is scheduled to be about four months away, the artist is realistic in saying that the political issues facing the region, and Gaza in particular, may end up affect the date the big project is released.
Ssamira said that she wanted to use her voice to express her feelings during these harsh times and is calling for life amidst the tragic events taking place. The album features 14 songs, for which she worked with some of the most renowned poets and composers. The album will be produced by "Rotana", marking their first cooperation after Samira recently signed a contract with the company.
- Marwan Khoury's ready to launch: A little dash of romance and a dose of Moroccan dialect make this album great
- Samira Said to hold New Years Eve concert in her native Morocco for fifty thousand dollars
- Samira Said calls for an end to songs against the US
- Samira Said to sing with French singer Charles Aznavour
- Samira Said gets a piece of the Ramadan action with her very own "Love Story"