Eat your heart out Arab songstresses: Samira Said nominated for “Best Song” at WMA
However, her happiness didn't last for too long as the album was disqualified from the competition shortly after.
Samira's album cannot be nominated for the “Best Album” category no more, as it hasn't yet been released.
But – wait for it – that same phone call held another surprise for the singer, who was also informed that her single “Still” is nominated for a “Best Song” award.
According to Laha Magazine, a slightly-confused Said commented: “I don't know who's behind my song nomination for this prestigious award, which places my single alongside internationally-known artists like Lady Gaga.”
Miss Samira should be proud; her song is the only Arabic one nominated in the “Best Song” category.
- Eat your hearts out Beyonce and Lady Gaga: Samira Said most popular in France & Spain
- Sing it, Sista! Samira Said’s Erbil video clip coming soon
- Pick your favorite artist: Arab starlets nominated for World Music Awards
- Samira Said celebrates her birthday online
- World Music Awards awaits the presence of Samira Said