Double the fun at Sandance: Rudimental and Clean Bandit snatch their spot in the seaside festival schedule
A duo of dance acts are the first names confirmed for the return of Sandance, with more to follow.
Rudimental and Clean Bandit will both perform at the seaside festival, scheduled for Atlantis Beach, The Palm on Friday, October 10.
London four-piece Rudimental are famed for their UK number one singles Feel the Love (with John Newman) and Waiting All Night (with Ella Eyre).
Last year’s debut LP Home was warmly received, winning the MOBO award for best album and a nomination for the Mercury Prize.
In 2013, the group also won the ‘Festival Band of the Year’ title from the BBC and made a splash in Australia with the multi-platinum songs Free (with Emeli Sande) and Not Giving In (with John Newman and Alex Clare).
Rudimental are known for their work with Ed Sheeran as well, having remixed his songs Lego House and Drunk. The outfit received a co-writer’s credit for the Rick Rubin-produced track Bloodstream, taken from Sheeran’s recent album x.
Clean Bandit, whose name derives from a Russian insult, have become a pop phenomenon due to their intelligent blend of classical and electronic music.
The quartet, who formed when three of them were studying at Cambridge University, had an almighty hit this year with Rather Be (featuring Jess Glynne).
The violin-led tune - the fastest-selling single in the UK this year - went to number one around Europe while also cracking the American market, peaking at number 13 on the Billboard chart.
Both the follow-up single Extraordinary (featuring Sharna Bass) and the group’s first album New Eyes entered the UK top five.
- Rudimental readies to rock it reggae style at Sandance in Dubai
- Dance, dance, like it's the last, last Sandance of your life! Another Dubai edition is in the books
- It's on again! The Sandance spectacular lines up Rudimental, Clean Bandit, Empire of the Sun and De La Soul to play
- Here's what's "Going On" at RedFestDXB: UK artist Ella Eyre added to the line-up
- New Year Special: Emeli Sandé & Paul Oakenfold to perform at Dubai's Sandance festival