Iraqi singer takes the winning title home: Sattar Saad IS "The Voice (of) Arabia" this year!
In a spectacular finale, Iraqi contestant Sattar Saad won The Voice Arabia on Saturday night. It was a long journey - three months to be precise - but Saad was crowned the winner of the Season 2 of the talent show after receiving the highest number of votes by the public.
The winner walked away with a brand new car and a recording contract with Universal Music Group.
The grand finale, held in Beirut, was graced with a rocking performance by international pop star Ricky Martin, who took to the stage with his new songs Andrenalina and Come With Me.
This was an exclusive performance for the show, which broadcasted simultaneously across the Middle East on MBC1 and MBC Masr.
Martin is also a coach on The Voice Australia.
The singing reality show competition, which has versions in many countries - including the UK and France - sees aspiring singers being coached by professional musicians. The singers then compete against each other and are then voted on by TV viewers, with contestants eliminated week after week until one contestant is crowned as the winner, said Gulf News's Tabloid!.
Sa’ad was lucky enough to be coached by fellow Iraqi superstar Kazem El Saher. Following his crowning, he expressed his joy, thanked his supporters and coach who he said believed in his talent from the start.
Were you happy to see Sattar win?
- Following in Daddy's footsteps: Assi Helani's daughter to duet with Ricky Martin!
- Kazem El Saher defends The Voice Arabia's winner Sattar Saad, says no bribes were made to buy votes
- Psst, turn around: Meet & greet "The Voice Arabia" finalists in Dubai this month
- Nassif Zaytoun wins Star Academy title
- "Naughty boy" Assi Helani accused of Harassment and ridiculing The Voice Arabia judges!