Marwa Mohammad learns sign language for new role
Saudi actress Marwa Mohammad has completed filming the scenes of her new movie that tackles the focuses on the struggles of being a deaf person in a non-deaf world. The film is entitled “Sada” (Echo) and is about a husband and wife who are deaf but have a child that can hear and speak normally.
The film is produced by Saudi Television, written by author Amal Hussein and directed by Samir Aref. Actors Mohammad Turkey Suleiman, Rayan Al Lazam, Maram Abdel Aziz, Hind Mohammad, Sarah AlJaber, Mohammad Al Harbi and other Saudi actors took part in the film alongside Marwa.
With regards to her role in the film, Marwa said she plays the role of a deaf wife who marries a deaf husband and has a child who suffers from extreme loneliness due to the condition of his parents.
Marwa stated that due to her attachment and admiration of the her role in the film, she decided to make the extra effort and learn to speak in sign language.
- Marwa Mohammad deaf-initely nailed her role in “Sada” (Echo)
- May Salim masters sign language for new part
- Peeps in Morocco hear an ‘Echo’: Marwa Mohammad’s movie makes it into festival
- Luminus Group and the Bell Educational Trust sign regional partnership agreement and announce the establishment of Bell Amman Language Centre
- SAS partners with Prince Mohammad University to promote business & operational intelligence and analytics