She's coming to town! Selena Gomez posts pic unique to Dubai fans
American teen star Selena Gomez has had her name translated in to Arabic and placed on a necklace ahead of her appearance in Dubai this month.
The singer and actress posted a photo of the piece of jewellery on Instagram on Monday with the message “Dubai Music Week I’m comin.. :)”.
Within hours it had been liked more than 300,000 times. Gomez is due to appear at Dubai World Trade Centre on September 27 during Dubai Music Week as part of her 2013 World Tour.
The former Disney Channel star has more than 16 million Twitter followers and a further 4.7 million on Instagram. More than 5,000 people on Twitter had retweeted her photo as of Monday night. However, not everyone was euphoric.
One person tweeted: “OH MY GOD. Selena Gomez concert in Dubai. Was hoping it wouldn’t come to this, Dubai.”
For more details on the week go to dubaimusicweek.com.
- Selena is coming, Selena is coming! Dubai Gomez fans will be feelin' the B.E.A.T.!
- Selena Gomez gets inked in Dubai... but it's only a henna one!
- Sweetheart Selena Gomez Instagrams in support of Gaza and DOESN'T delete it!
- UnBeliebable! Dubai’s fave teen star Justin Bieber buyin’ bling for Selena Gomez?
- Dubai's got somethin' Russia doesn't - Selena Gomez in concert!