Hating on Israel is smash hit for Shabola
Egyptian folk hero, Shabaan Abdel Rahim, known as Shabola, has just finished recording his latest release. Not one to stay away from politics, the songster has taken on the Middle East, Israel, Palestine and Egypt in the song.
Written by poet, Islam Khalil, 'Yikhrib Bait Israel' (Down with Israel) is all about the violence on the Sinai/Gaza borders and Egypt's negotiations to stop Israel attacking Gaza recently. Shabola says it's his way of showing some solidarity with the people of Palestine.
This isn't the first time that the folk singer has taken on the Jewish State in one of his tunes. Ten years ago, Shabaan released the “Ana Bakrah Israel” (I Hate Israel), which turned out to be a smash hit.
- Rahim's Rabat-bound! Shabola added to Mawazine Festival lineup
- Shaaban Abdel Rahim Forgets the Author of His Fame
- Shaaban Abdel Rehim to Show Michael Jackson that Mideast Politics Ain’t Kiddin’ Around
- Israeli Paper Accuses Shaaban Abdel Rehim of Inciting Terrorism
- Israeli Former Minister Says Arafat Ready to Start Talks ‘with no Preconditions”