Shabola to marry a Lebanese woman?
Egyptian folk hero Shabola (real name, Shabaan Abdel Rahim) is a much-loved character in his home country where patriotism is nothing to be sneezed at!
So fans were horrified when the rumors began that their national treasure would marry a woman from the Levant. The ladies of Lebanon are known for their stunning looks and sexy style so it wasn't hard to see what the 45-year-old singer would have fallen for.
Shabola only just finished recording new song 'Hatjawiz Libnanieh' (I'm Going to Marry a Lebanese Woman) before the gossip started.
The folk songster dueted with real Lebanese lady, 'Manar', who stayed in Cairo for nearly a month before to complete production. But Shabola says there is no truth to the reports linking the pair together outside the recording studio.
Friend and poet, Islam Khaleel, said that the singer was expecting such rumors to be created becaue it is the first time he has sung a duet with a Lebanese singer. Islam added that Manar was half Shabola's age and no such relationship was happening.
- Rahim's Rabat-bound! Shabola added to Mawazine Festival lineup
- One woman is all he needs! Melhem Zein denies getting himself a second wife!
- Foreign woman married to an Arab- how to behave with your father-in-law?
- New duet by Lady Madonna and Manar
- The Lebanese connection: CIA and FBI brought to brink by one woman’s charms