Shabola sheds tears after losing wife to cancer
Saying goodbye is the hardest thing to do, and Egyptian folk singer Shaban Abdel Rahim (known as Shabola) has had to do just that. His beloved wife passed away aftering suffering for some time with caner.
The funeral ceremony took place earlier this week, and Shabola's wife was buried in the family cemetery in Cairo. The singer accepted condolences for his wife on the same day of her death at his home in the Faysal neighborhood in Cairo.
According to the Middle East news portal Elaph, most of Shabola's friends attended the funeral ceremony, like poet Islam Khalil and a number of folk singers who are very close to Shabola.
- Rahim's Rabat-bound! Shabola added to Mawazine Festival lineup
- Shaaban Abdel Rahim back at the studio, calling for Egyptians to vote for amended constitution
- The never-ending saga of Dina
- Beyond the statistics: Inside Kurdistan's Syrian refugee camps
- Time to say goodbye: Saudi singer Waad mourns the death of her brother